ONLINE UNIT OF STUDY
This unit includes consolidated online resources and recommended learning activities. Units are divided into three learning levels and are designed to be used by parents and students as a guide in their homeschooling program. Printable materials and time-tracking tools are included with your purchase.
Cross-curricular language arts units incorporate multiple styles of literature. The selected works for this unit exemplify literature about westward expansion. Upon completing this unit, students will demonstrate understanding of the following:
- Written words have power, and different styles of literature have been used, throughout different periods in history, for different purposes
- Legends and Lore can be used to communicate values.
- Poetry and Plays can be used to elicit emotions.
- Political and Persuasive Writings can be used to effect change.
- Biographies and Memoirs can be used to share personal stories.
- Fictional Stories and Novels can capture the real or imagined culture of a people, time, and place. Fiction can also the purposes of all other forms of writing.
- Aspects of culture and experience can be understood by engaging with different forms of literature about westward expansion.
Through our Homeschool Solutions online learning program, we aim to offer an educational resource that can truly benefit the homeschooling community. The curriculum content is made up of reliable online resources, compiled by expert educators. These resources support the learning goals for each unit of study. Unit goals are created by considering the essential content students need to thrive as well-educated, culturally-literate adults in today’s society.
In addition to the essential, foundational knowledge presented in this unit about literature from the Westward Expansion, we strive to support the development of key character traits and critical thinking skills that lead to lifelong success. All learning activities in this unit about literature from the Westward Expansion are designed with these goals in mind. Our activities encourage and support traits such as self-awareness, empathy, and creativity. They also heavily emphasize the development of key critical thinking skills including goal setting, problem solving, forming and communicating opinions, and considering the perspectives of others.
There are no reviews yet.