ONLINE UNIT OF STUDY
This unit includes consolidated online resources and recommended learning activities. Units are divided into three learning levels and are designed to be used by parents and students as a guide in their homeschooling program. Printable materials and time-tracking tools are included with your purchase.
Upon completing this unit, students will demonstrate understanding of the following:
- Certain literary elements are part of every story, and they include plot, setting, narrator, characters (protagonist and antagonist), characterization, conflict, theme, mood, and tone.
- Certain literary devices, such as simile, metaphor, personification, alliteration, irony, symbolism, foreshadowing, and others can be used by authors to create imagery, engage their audiences, and add artistry to their communication.
- Russian literature is an important type of literature that has evolved during specific periods, within specific cultural contexts.
- Russian literature has had a specific political, social, and cultural impact.
- Several well-known authors and works are associated with Russian literature.
- Specific themes and literary devices are commonly used within Russian literature.
Through our Homeschool Solutions online learning program, we aim to offer an educational resource that can truly benefit the homeschooling community. The curriculum content is made up of reliable online resources, compiled by expert educators. These resources support the learning goals for each unit of study. Unit goals are created by considering the essential content students need to thrive as well-educated, culturally-literate adults in today’s society.
In addition to the essential, foundational knowledge presented in this unit about Russian literature, we strive to support the development of key character traits and critical thinking skills that lead to lifelong success. All learning activities in this unit about Russian literature are designed with these goals in mind. Our activities encourage and support traits such as self-awareness, empathy, and creativity. They also heavily emphasize the development of key critical thinking skills including goal setting, problem solving, forming and communicating opinions, and considering the perspectives of others.