ONLINE UNIT OF STUDY
This unit includes consolidated online resources and recommended learning activities. Units are divided into three learning levels and are designed to be used by parents and students as a guide in their homeschooling program. Printable materials and time-tracking tools are included with your purchase.
Upon completing this unit, students will demonstrate understanding of the following:
- The earth’s surface is covered mostly with oceans and seas which affect all life on earth.
- Changes in wind conditions, temperatures, salinity, and the tides can cause things like waves and currents.
- The ocean floor is made up of many of the same kinds of features as we see on land and are formed in similar ways.
- Oceans and seas are full of life which live in different oceanic zones and habitats.
- These marine organisms form the basis of the global food chain.
- In our relationship with the ocean, humans have had a large and often negative impact on oceans and marine life.
Through our Homeschool Solutions online learning program, we aim to offer an educational resource that can truly benefit the homeschooling community. The curriculum content is made up of reliable online resources, compiled by expert educators. These resources support the learning goals for each unit of study. Unit goals are created by considering the essential content students need to thrive as well-educated, culturally-literate adults in today’s society.
In addition to the essential, foundational knowledge presented in this unit about Earth’s oceans, we strive to support the development of key character traits and critical thinking skills that lead to lifelong success. All learning activities in this unit about Earth’s oceans are designed with these goals in mind. Our activities encourage and support traits such as self-awareness, empathy, and creativity. They also heavily emphasize the development of key critical thinking skills including goal setting, problem solving, forming and communicating opinions, and considering the perspectives of others.