ONLINE UNIT OF STUDY
This unit includes consolidated online resources and recommended learning activities. Units are divided into three learning levels and are designed to be used by parents and students as a guide in their homeschooling program. Printable materials and time-tracking tools are included with your purchase.
Upon completing this unit, students will demonstrate understanding of the following:
- Matter is composed of atoms and molecules and makes up everything in the universe.
- Matter can be found as a solid, a liquid, or a gas and changing between these states requires energy.
- The Law of Conservation of Energy, states that as energy changes from one state to another, it can be neither created nor destroyed.
- Thermodynamics deals with the relationship between the states of matter and thermal energy or heat.
- Heat is transferred in three different ways: conduction, convection, and radiation.
Through our Homeschool Solutions online learning program, we aim to offer an educational resource that can truly benefit the homeschooling community. The curriculum content is made up of reliable online resources, compiled by expert educators. These resources support the learning goals for each unit of study. Unit goals are created by considering the essential content students need to thrive as well-educated, culturally-literate adults in today’s society.
In addition to the essential, foundational knowledge presented in this unit about matter, heat, and energy, we strive to support the development of key character traits and critical thinking skills that lead to lifelong success. All learning activities in this unit about matter, heat, and energy are designed with these goals in mind. Our activities encourage and support traits such as self-awareness, empathy, and creativity. They also heavily emphasize the development of key critical thinking skills including goal setting, problem solving, forming and communicating opinions, and considering the perspectives of others.