ONLINE UNIT OF STUDY
This unit includes consolidated online resources and recommended learning activities. Units are divided into three learning levels and are designed to be used by parents and students as a guide in their homeschooling program. Printable materials and time-tracking tools are included with your purchase.
Upon completing this unit, students will demonstrate understanding of the following:
- The people of Ancient Egypt (approximately 4500 BCE to 300 BCE) lived in North Africa. They lived by the Nile River and relied on the river’s annual flooding to sustain a complicated and enduring culture.
- The people of Egypt domesticated animals, worshipped animal gods, used pictures for writing called hieroglyphics, and built massive pyramids for tombs for their leaders.
- The people of Egypt engaged in significant trade with other cultures which brought them gold, ivory, aromatic oils, precious woods, and a variety of plants.
- Many Egyptian dynasties contributed to the history and development of Egypt while also impacting many other cultures.
- Historians have searched for artifacts from the Early Egyptian time period for clues about their culture. There are many Egyptian artifacts in museums that provide insight into Egyptian culture.
Through our Homeschool Solutions online learning program, we aim to offer an educational resource that can truly benefit the homeschooling community. The curriculum content is made up of reliable online resources, compiled by expert educators. These resources support the learning goals for each unit of study. Unit goals are created by considering the essential content students need to thrive as well-educated, culturally-literate adults in today’s society.
In addition to the essential, foundational knowledge presented in this unit about Ancient Egypt, we strive to support the development of key character traits and critical thinking skills that lead to lifelong success. All learning activities in this unit about Ancient Egypt are designed with these goals in mind. Our activities encourage and support traits such as self-awareness, empathy, and creativity. They also heavily emphasize the development of key critical thinking skills including goal setting, problem solving, forming and communicating opinions, and considering the perspectives of others.
8-year-old student –
I had so much fun learning about ancient Egypt. It gave me a better understanding of what ancient Egyptian’s life was like. The Lighthouse Homeschool Solutions program is incredible and I can’t wait to learn more!
California homeschool family –
This unit was wonderful and we didn’t want it to end! We learned a great deal with each individual lesson. Some of the tasks that we most enjoyed were about the crops ancient Egyptians grew, the food they ate, and all the importance they had with their different Gods. My child really loved writing her on stories incorporating ideas and facts she learned about ancient Egypt.