ONLINE UNIT OF STUDY
This unit includes consolidated online resources and recommended learning activities. Units are divided into three learning levels and are designed to be used by parents and students as a guide in their homeschooling program. Printable materials and time-tracking tools are included with your purchase.
Upon completing this unit, students will demonstrate understanding of the following:
- Ancient China (approximately 1600 BCE to 330 BCE) emerged as a powerful civilization in Asia.
- China is made up of plains, mountains, farmlands, deserts, and important rivers. Two of these main rivers are the Huang He and the Yangtze Rivers. Ancient Chinese farming cultures developed near these rivers.
- Ancient Chinese culture developed important family traditions, including honoring their ancestors with traditional gifts and festivals. They also engineered great feats like the Great Wall and the Grand Canal.
- Ancient Chinese people are given credit for inventions like paper, gunpowder, block printing, porcelain, and silk. They also developed a unified family-centered culture and religion that followed the teaching of Confucius.
- There were many Ancient Chinese dynasties which contributed to important aspects of Chinese culture including agriculture, artwork, writing, engineering, warfare, trade, and government.
Through our Homeschool Solutions online learning program, we aim to offer an educational resource that can truly benefit the homeschooling community. The curriculum content is made up of reliable online resources, compiled by expert educators. These resources support the learning goals for each unit of study. Unit goals are created by considering the essential content students need to thrive as well-educated, culturally-literate adults in today’s society.
In addition to the essential, foundational knowledge presented in this unit about Ancient China, we strive to support the development of key character traits and critical thinking skills that lead to lifelong success. All learning activities in this unit about Ancient China are designed with these goals in mind. Our activities encourage and support traits such as self-awareness, empathy, and creativity. They also heavily emphasize the development of key critical thinking skills including goal setting, problem solving, forming and communicating opinions, and considering the perspectives of others.